Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Matariki Day



On Friday 26th June we celebrated Matariki. Why on 26th of June? Because if we do it this week it would be too busy and if we do it on the holidays we couldn't go to the hall. In the morning team five was getting ready. We practised singing a Matariki song. Then walk to the hall. 


When we got to the hall Mr Burt welcomed us and talked about Matariki and why it's important. Then the year seven and eight stood up and sang a Matariki song. The Choir was mostly singing, The choir is the picture in this piece of writing. The people in the choir are Nina, John, Kitone, Nevaeh and  Eternity. The People on the Guitar is another John and Sione, Sione is the one that got cut out of the picture. I could not find some of the people's links because they are not in my class.





Once the hall meeting was finished we went back to our classes and the teachers told us about our groups. I got in Room 3, I was doing crafts with the year 8’s, 7’s,6’s and the year 5’s.


Our teacher was Mrs IIaoa. We made 3D stars. We had to get 5 because it looks tidy. Once I finish making a 3D star. So we did some Origami after. It was fun. I tried to make a Ninja star but it was already the end of the day.We made 3D stars. We had to get 5 because it looks tidy. Once I finish making a 3D star. So we did some Origami after. It was fun. I tried to make a Ninja star but it was already the end of the day.


Then we went back to the hall and Mr Burt said a few things about Matariki and we sang again. After that I said ‘Bye’ To Ms Tupuke and ran back home. That was exciting. Did you celebrate Matariki? If you did, how did you celebrate Matariki?


Task Description: Today I did a recount about what we did on Matariki day. I tried to be specify as I can. Matariki day was really fun.I had  a lot of fun writing this. I Think you should celebrate Matariki to. Stay Safe, Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment